Thursday, April 30, 2009

Have You Hugged Your Tree Today- Poll #3



Today's poll is themed - Paper or Plastic? (click to take poll). I'm seeking a little advice from all of you out there who think that Mother Nature (MN) deserves a little help!

Treet plans to be a proud member of the Green Restaurant Association (GRA) and as such, I am really trying to do my part to take a little bit off of MN's shoulders. In order to become a member of the GRA you must meet 100 points worth of criteria (or more each year of business). The over-achiever in me plans to do much better than 100, I'd like to be the valedictorian of my class so my goal is to earn an A+++ when the GRA inspectors come around. A great place to start piling up the points is in my packaging efforts. I'd like to be as minimalistic, biodegradable, recyclable and compostable as possible. Many of these things are easily achieved now that the world has made being "green" more of a priority, however, some "green" options in packaging (straws, cupcake cups, lids) are still in development or very expensive.

I created this very simple poll for a complex topic, because I need some more view points on the Paper vs Plastic issue. I wish I could enter them both in a WWE Smackdown and see who comes out with their leotard still intact, but paper and plastic have to much dignity! So, please give me some feedback via the poll and comments are always welcome!




Here is the link to the poll again: http://www.pollmonkey.com/p.asp?U=4576058602

1 comment:

  1. could you use silicone cupcake cups or just grease the pans instead of using liners?
    maybe you could offer some type of incentive for people who bring their own bag?

    ReplyDelete