Thursday, April 9, 2009

We are the champions my friends....

There is no "I" in team but there certainly is in winner!


I am a HUGE supporter of all animals (even "Animal" the Muppet...he just wants to be heard)! So, I attempt to give back and help our friends who are unable to help themselves in any way that I can. Since I've been in Washington I have volunteered with a fabulous organization called Homeward Trails. They are a wonderfully responsible, knowledgeable and caring group who works extremely hard to better animals lives across the DC, Virginia and Maryland areas. They are truly WINNERS, especially in the hearts of the thousands of animals they help each year!


Anywho, my point of this post besides shamelessly promoting my fav charity, is to point out the importance of paying it forward or giving back (does anyone know the difference between these cliches?), because it makes you a real WINNER. For instance, today I had the pleasure of delivering some Treets and soup from Soupergirl (yum-o) to a lovely woman who won a Homeward Trails charity auction item- a catered lunch by Soupergirl and yours truly! This woman is a WINNER in multiple ways- 1)She's really nice 2) She is an adopter of a cutie Homeward Trails pup 3) She is a wonderfully generous soul for winning the auction for charity 4) Last, but not least, she is the first "Treet-setter" (stay tuned for more information on this subject).


To all those WINNERS out there...thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment