Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Q: Why Did The Chicken Cross The Road?




A: Thoughts Chickies?


My favorite answer is by Mr. T: "If you saw me coming you'd cross the road too!"


I'm hoping this is the case with a location I've been "eyeing" on Eye St. in the downtown area. The location is in a very high trafficked business district that is also in walking distance of GW University. However, my spot (as I will optimistically refer to it as) is on the shady side. This means that I'd estimate over 80% of the foot traffic travels on the other side of the street; the other side is sunny and has a few lunch destinations. The "shady side" (as in not sunny) only has dine-in places and a wine bar, so people tend to walk on "the bright side".


So, I've given it a lot of thought, reviewed everything I know about retail and consumers, asked advisers and consultants, and here is my solution: hire Mr. T to stand on "the bright side"! What the heck does Mr. T have going on? In the spirit of the A-team I think he should do the "right thing" and help a gal out!


Ok, so that is maybe a long shot, and perhaps should be demoted to Plan B for now (I'll friend him on Facebook later). In the meantime, my plan is to become the destination that would encourage people to cross the road. I plan to do this by grassroots marketing (lots o' sampling), bright signage, and other clever pull tactics. In no time, the answer to my question will be: to go to Treet! YUM!



2 comments:

  1. I WOULD CROSS THE STREET W/O MR. T! (Is this needless to say coming from me?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha shocking that you'd pick the "shady" side...

    ReplyDelete