Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Going to See The Wizard

I don't think we are in the East Village anymore Toto!

In my search for the ultimate bakery locale in DC, I've been introduced to locations in areas called Glover Park, Georgetown, Downtown, etc. All of which have that cozy relateable namesake, or general direction in their titles which I can Wiki too find out more about. So when a location in....are...you..ready...for...it...Crystal City...was brought to my attention I immediately thought, "Does the Wizard live there? And does he have a good chocolate chip cookie recipe?"

Come to find out (to my dismay) the Wizard does not live there (or maybe he does, but is unlisted), and it is not even in DC! In fact, it is located in Arlington, VA. Crystal City is a small area near the Pentagon, Reagan National Airport, and downtown DC. It hosts over 27k commuters per day and 17k visitors per day on the weekend.

So, you learn about somewhere new everyday in this business. And who knows, perhaps if I ride into town with a horse of a different color the people of this "Emerald" City will embrace me?

No comments:

Post a Comment