Sunday, June 7, 2009

Some Like It Hot



Recently, my friend Leah Stern of Leah Stern Photography contacted me in regards to catering some Treets for her friend's baby shower. Leah gave me free reign to brainstorm fun ideas for the goodies...little did she know there is nothing I love more than "out of the box" thinking! I asked her for some muses so she provided me with the following nuggets of info on the parents-to-be:





  1. Big fans of the woods- trees, mountains, wildlife, etc

  2. The baby's name was a "labor of love" to come up with

  3. They are volunteer firefighters- which is an extremely big part of their lives


Unfortunately, as the creative juices started flowing the intermingling of the woods with anything to do with fire seemed a bit morbid- although I did think that s'mores cupcakes would be divine! So, I came up with a solution of combining #2 & #3- fireman hat cookies with the babies initials on the medallion.



It was a hit with Leah, and an even bigger hit at the shower with the parents-to-be and their families!





A big THANK YOU to Leah Stern of Leah Stern Photography for supplying the cookie pics!

2 comments:

  1. OMG, sooo adorable! Little Fireman Hats. I love how you brought the idea together. Classic...Beautiful pictures BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were my cookies-- Leah ordered them for my baby shower! They were gorgeous of course, but what the pictures don't capture is how truly delicious they were. I hoarded all the extras and enjoyed them for the entire next week too. Thank you for such amazing cookies!!

    ReplyDelete