Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Give me some more!


The poll monkey has spoken- cupcake lovers want "some more" (translation: s'mores)!


Now, I didn't lobby or fix the polls, but I have a hunch as to why the s'more is the clear winner- it's a classic! Sitting around a campfire munching on toasted 'mallow, melted chocolate, and graham crackers- it's as American as apple pie, and as delicious! So, I'll be hitting the test kitchen to create this classic treat in the form of a cupcake. In the meantime, I have a challenge for all you bloggers out there- the answer is worth it's weight in s'mores!


Q: When was the first s'more recipe recorded, and by whom?


4 comments:

  1. I know I know! 1927- Loretta Scott Crew. Thank you Wikipedia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may have this one...1927 - Loretta Scott Crew!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo! And the recipe was first published in the Girl Scout Handbook in 1974! HA..."would you like to buy a s'more?"

    PS- you are owed some s'more's!

    ReplyDelete