Friday, June 5, 2009

Buzzzzz'd

ME: Hello, my name is Theresa and my father is a coffee a-holic.

CA (Coffee Anonymous): Hi, Theresa! Tell us about him...

ME: Well he is the greatest dad! He flew all the way in from Tucson, AZ just to help his little girl open her Treet shop. Since, he's arrived we've had all sorts of meetings with local vendors for various products from paper to butter. I started getting concerned though when we had an abnormally high amount of meetings with coffee roasters...in fact at least one everyday for the next two weeks! With each meeting my father's eyes got wilder and brighter with the vast amount of samples. From Colombian to Aramaic and Jamaican they are being brewed constantly (I think my coffee machine is almost on the skids)!

CA: Well it seems he is just sampling so he can find the best product for your shop. Why all the concern?

ME: That's what I thought, until I got home yesterday and found him hanging from the light fixture, shaking and holding his twelfth cup of french roast! I tried to knock the cup away from his hand but it seems that the java jacket has molded permanently to his fingers, just like a good pair of Birkenstock shoes! I fear the worst!

CA: We suggest you lock the coffee up and warn the neighbors! Also try making a decision on your preferred vendor ASAP so his supply dries up.

No comments:

Post a Comment