Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Cornbread....ain't nothin' wrong with that

Cornbread- simple, delicious, buttery, golden...the list goes on. I've been whipping this simple bread up lately to test the difference between using local ingredients vs. store bought. My POV is that local ingredients (including some organic) are fresher and often of a higher quality than some store bought items. I also L-O-V-E the idea of helping out my rural neighbors. Plus, going to the farmers market is a really outdoorsy way for me to spend my Sundays (since I basically have two left feet so biking, running, or any team sports are totally out)!

So, I have asked some taste testers to do a blind taste test of the 2 types of cornbread (local and store bought). I'll keep you posted on the feedback, and yes, I realize this is far less exciting than Pepsi vs. Coke, but cornbread needs its 5 minutes of fame too!

Stay tuned for my next poll which will ask your opinion in the great debate of local vs store bought!

2 comments:

  1. Who are these fabulous tasters you speak of? They must be pretty brilliant. I just have a feeling they are... and also really good looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cornbread, ain't nothing wrong with that!!! Haha!

    ReplyDelete