Wednesday, March 25, 2009

TLC for R&D- today's topic is to PB or not to PB

This topic will have several follow-up posts as I look to my readers for your opinions....

So, today I'm rolling up my sleeves and diving in to some cookie recipe development for my shop. As I flip through my recipes I keep stopping at my old faithful and personal fav, peanut butter (PB). As I contemplate tempting fate, I think about what PB ever did to deserve a bad rap...who's ever heard of King's PB anyways? And I haven't eaten a Reeses or Keebler Elves (those creepy tree dwellers)cookie in years! Alas, whenever I bring up the topic of featuring a deliciously all natural PB cookie in my shop I get an "eek" or "is PB safe". So, I've done a little research in order to help preserve the integrity of my beloved butter from a nut. Here are some helpful links to the FDA in regards to the peanut recall, and to an article about where the evil peanuts first hailed from.

So, now I turn to the readers to see your thoughts and opinions on PB. To PB or not to PB? That is my question!

4 comments:

  1. I vote NAY because AB (Almond Butter) is BETTER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could afford to make AB cookies...I wouldn't have to work at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it even legal to have a bakery that doesn't sell some sort of PB cookie? I think not, and you don't want to be doing anything illegal now, do you?

    ReplyDelete